- Published: 05 February 2013
- Hits: 5774
CRWP responds directly to the needs of Member communities, elected officials, engineers, planners, law directors, and other professional advisors by helping them update comprehensive plans, zoning regulations, and other programs guiding land use. CRWP has assisted communities by introducing innovative practices that maintain natural resource functions and prevent or minimize flooding, erosion, and water quality problems. These practices include CRWP’s recommended watershed management tools for riparian and wetland setbacks, conservation development, improved erosion and sediment control, and comprehensive storm water management.
CRWP also conducts watershed studies and planning efforts that support local decision makers by providing technical background. These studies have included an analysis of riparian setbacks on property values, technical support for riparian and wetland setbacks, analysis of alternative home sewage treatment systems in conservation development, and alternative parking arrangements and codes.
- Model Regulations
- Phase II Implementation
- Grant Application Assistance
- Landowner Outreach: CRWP staff is available to assist landowners in Member communities with water management, flooding and erosion concerns. Communities or residents can contact CRWP to arrange a site visit or meeting.
- Watershed Initiatives: Activities to support the public health and safety basis for member planning and zoning
Presentations are tailored for each Member community. Call us and we will arrange to present to your community - call 440-975-3870.
- Pond/Lake Management
- Dam Safety
- Operation & Maintenance of Stormwater Practices
- Rain Gardens
- Roadside Ditch Maintenance and Sediment Control
- Innovative Stormwater Management (LID/Green Infrastructure)
Phase II Implementation
- MCM 3 - IDDE (Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination)
- MCM 4 - Construction Site Storm Water Runoff Control
- MCM 5 - Post Construction Site Runoff Control
- MCM 6 - Good Housekeeping
- Off Street Parking
- Flood Damage Prevention
- Riparian/Wetland Setbacks
- Conservation Development